Monday 15 February 2016

baby on board


At the half way point of my pregnancy, I decided that I didn’t want to blink and miss the amazing journey that I’m on. As a style and beauty blogger (you can check it out here), writing a blog seems like the most logical way of documenting this experience.

I’ll admit that this pregnancy thing hasn’t been the breeze I expected. Since week six, I’ve been plagued by nausea. It got really bad around weeks 11-14 and then started to subside a little but I still wake up each morning and have to run to the bathroom. By now though, the nausea is confined to early morning, not all day as it was just a few weeks ago.

As if that wasn't enough, for the past six weeks or so I’ve been managing with SPD (or pelvic girdle pain) which is pretty painful. Some days it doesn’t affect me too much, others I can barely move without feeling pain.

I realise that compared to some people, this is nothing and I want to be clear that none of this is to say that I’m not enjoying being pregnant. Maybe “enjoying” is the wrong turn of phrase. I am beyond happy to be pregnant. I can’t really describe how excited I felt when I saw the line on the test that morning way back in October. But I think I naively thought that I’d sail through the nine months, feeling well and generally glowing! The reality of pregnancy has come as something of a shock.

To be honest, I am enjoying a new lease of energy. Despite disrupted sleep (hi, 4am!), I am feeling much more lively than I was during the first trimester when everything was exhausting.

Most of all, I realise that my body is doing an amazing thing right now – it’s growing a whole new person. And I don’t want to let the next few months pass me by without remembering to document anything from them.

I’m not sure if I expect anyone to find my pregnancy ramblings at all interesting or useful but if you do happen upon this blog and it helps in anyway, leave a comment and say hi.

No comments:

Post a Comment