Wednesday 16 March 2016

pregnancy progress: busy b pregnancy journal


I'm a complete stationery addict - I love all things, pens, paper, notebooks, etc. So when I spotted this post over on Oh So Amelia, I knew I just had to have the Busy B pregnancy journal.

I love being able to document how I’m feeling and what I’ve been doing throughout my pregnancy – partly the reason I started this blog too!

There are four sections in the journal: a diary section with a page per week to document thoughts, feelings, etc, a notes section, a birth plan section and an early days section to document those first few days of motherhood.

I didn’t get this until a bit later into my pregnancy but I have managed (through looking at texts to my mum!) to update quite a few of the earlier weeks.

It will be a great record to look back on after the baby arrives - when the pregnancy is nothing more than a distant memory!

This week I've reached week 25. I had my home visit from my midwife this week. We heard ourbaby's heartbeat for the first time which was pretty special. She also confirmed what I already knew - he/she is very active!

Unfortunately she did find some glucose in my urine sample so she's sending me for a diabetes test. This pregnancy isn't really turning out quite as I envisgaed. I think I imagined glowing my way through and instead I've found it a bit of a struggle.

Don't misunderstand me, I feel incredibly lucky to be carrying this baby - it just isn't quite as easy as I'd envisaged. But then maybe if we knew how it was going to be, we wouldn't do it.

I'm still struggling with the SPD. I tried to go to an aqua exercise class last week but it left me so achy and my hip so painful for two days after that I could barely sleep - so I won't be going back to that. I will keep with the pregnancy yoga that seems to be helping and with walking.

I'll be trying to change my diet a little over the next few weeks - trying to cut out sugar and carbs. I'll post how I'm getting on with that and any recipes I find to help along the way.

In lighter news, we have started to create our baby's nursery. We've moved the spare bed out (into what was the office/guitar room!) and have moved in a chair and a chest of drawers. My mum and I went shopping for the cot and that is now ready and waiting for dad-to-be to put it together! It's starting to feel even more real!

Brilliant blog posts on HonestMum.com

5 comments:

  1. I've had the glucose test today (it sounds like I'm possibly a week ahead of you at 26 weeks) and it's not too bad - the drink will definitely put you off sugary drinks though! Similarly re SPD - I've been going to pre natal pilates as a lot of the physio links I was reading mentioned that the exercises are pilates based so that might be worth a try if you're looking for something else to do which will compliment yoga :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually 26 weeks today (this is a little old now!). Prenatal pilates sounds good. I live a little out in the sticks so I think we're lucky to have the yoga! I've actually also had a couple of sessions of reflexology (planning a post at the moment) and it seems to be really helping! Good luck with your pregnancy :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your comment :) Yes getting the nursery ready is making it feel very real! It's lovely. Off to check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo iam really into stationary at the moment and this is lovely. You need some baby bottle washi tape or similar :) what a lovely way to look back on your pregnancy. #MaternityMondays

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I like the idea of baby bottle wash tape - off to look for that!

      Delete