Monday 26 June 2017

style: breastfeeding friendly outfits

At the start of National Breastfeeding Celebration Week, I thought I would run a series of breastfeeding posts - beginning with a post on breastfeeding friendly outfits.

When I started breastfeeding (a year ago this weekend!) I had no idea what to wear without being completely naked! Over the past year, I've found my feet with dressing for breastfeeding and I've pulled together four of the best outfits for keeping stylish and nursing you're baby.

button downs

Right away, shirts seemed like the best option for breastfeeding - as well as shirt dresses.

bardot style tops

I'll confess that I've not actually worn a bardot style top or dress - they just don't suit me - but they do look ideal for feeding.

zips

Like buttons, zips are also perfect for easy access.

wrap front

Finally, how about a wrap front (or v-neck)? Just make sure if it's a jersey fabric that it's not too thin and won't lose its shape when you keep moving it aside for feeding.

Of course, if you fancy checking out specific nursing wear, many high street stores now stock ranges, including H&M, New Look, Asos and others.

If you're after more breastfeeding friendly outfits, check out the Facebook group, "Can I breastfeed in it? UK" which has lots and lots of great ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment